ASIAN CARP MANAGEMENT AND CONTROL
The Lower Mississippi River Basin Asian Carp Control Strategy Framework was created in 2019 by the Asian Carp Team of the Lower Mississippi River Basin. The team includes representatives from 11 states. Thanks to each state’s aquatic invasive species coordinator and other agency staff for input and review.
Angela Erves, cartographer with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service’s Lower Mississippi River Fish and Wildlife Conservation Office, produced all maps in the framework. Mark Boone, Lower Mississippi River Conservation Committee’s Big River Specialist, spent numerous hours compiling drafts, editing, and providing organization and assistance to complete this framework.
Related plans and documents
- Management and Control Plan for Bighead, Black, Grass and Silver Carps in the United States
- Missouri River Asian Carp Control Strategy Framework
- Ohio River Basin Asian Carp Control Strategy Framework
- Upper Mississippi River Basin Asian Carp Control Strategy Framework
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Region 4
- Mississippi Interstate Cooperative Resource Association (MICRA)